As we begin the 2022-2023 school year, our COVID-19 Task Force has developed protocols, carefully considering the various needs of every student, teacher, parent, and family member in our community. While we are cautiously optimistic for the year ahead, the Upper West Side is reporting a recent increase of COVID-19 cases. With everyone returning from a summer of travels, camps, and visits with friends and families, we will begin the year attending to our collective safety and well-being. With this in mind, all students need to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 when eligible. We will continue to mask at the beginning of the school year and will reevaluate in the months ahead.
We understand everyone’s frustration and fatigue over these past two and a half years and appreciate your commitment and cooperation. We will adapt these protocols as the year continues, implementing what is best for the particular needs of our Studio community.
- Students are to receive all available vaccines and boosters as soon as they are eligible.
- If a student is not up to date with vaccines, they will be asked to submit the results of an antigen test.
At-Home Antigen Testing
- Prior to their Student Conference, each student is asked to take an at-home antigen test and email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t have a test kit, arrive 15 minutes before the appointment time and get one from Reception.
- Two at-home antigen tests will be sent home weekly with each student.
- Students will take an antigen test before coming to school on Mondays and Wednesdays (Tuesdays and Thursdays if Monday is a holiday).
- Email a photo of the results to email@example.com before you leave home.
- Masks will be worn by students and staff at all times except when eating, sleeping, or playing outdoors.
- During the 10 days after someone has tested positive or been a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19, a KN95, N95, or double mask must be worn.
Daily Screenings for Students
- All parents will be sent a link to the daily screening for symptoms of illness.
- Our new screening form will be available on the Veracross parent portal.
- Please complete and submit your child’s daily screening by 8:00 AM each day.
- Temperature checks will no longer be conducted when entering the school building.
Protocols for Illness
Anyone who is sick with any of the following symptoms, MUST STAY HOME:
- Sore throat
- Fever or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
Call the school for the next steps.
Protocols for Returning After COVID-19 Illness
- Students and staff members will isolate for a minimum of 5 days.
- Before returning, they must show 2 negative antigen tests, taken one day apart, and email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students and staff members may return to school after the 10th day of isolation even if they are still testing positive, as long their symptoms are improving and they have had no fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
Protocols after Close Contact with Someone with COVID-19
- Quarantine is no longer recommended.
- Wear a KN95, N95, or double mask for 10 days, except when eating or sleeping.
- Take an at-home antigen screening test on the 5th day after the contact and email the results to email@example.com.